Key Announcements in RBI Monetary Policy
- No change in the rate of interest
- MSMEs stressed accounts restructuring if they are standard as on 1st March 2020 and restructuring to be completed by 31st March 2021.
- Loan to value ratio for gold loans increased from 75% 90% till 31st March 2021
- Lending to startups given Priority lending status
- National Housing Bank provided with an additional fund of Rs 5k Crores to shield the housing sector from liquidity disruptions
- NABARD to be provided with additional funds of Rs 5K cores to reduce the stress being faced by smaller non-bank finance companies (NBFCs) and micro-finance institutions in obtaining access to liquidity.
Click here for the full speech of the RBI Governor