User experience is the key and keeping in this in mind, new features have been added to the GST portal constantly and some of the new Functionalities were made available for Taxpayers on GST Portal in June, 2021. They are
- Moving the records saved in IFF, to later months of same Quarter, by taxpayers under QRMP Scheme
There can be cases where the QRMP Taxpayers have entered the data in the IFF but not submitted. In such cases the records which are saved and not submitted/filed can be moved from one period to another period as well as moved from various periods of the Quarter to GSTR – 1 while filing the return.
• Taxpayers can now MOVE the records saved in their IFF of first month of a quarter (if the time for filing it has expired) to IFF of second month of the quarter.
• Taxpayers can also MOVE the records saved in IFF of first month & second month of the quarter (if the time for filing it has expired) to their quarterly Form GSTR-1 (of the same quarter). Please note that the records can be moved only within a quarter.
• While preparing IFF/GSTR-1 (of later months of same quarter) online, in case of saved records, taxpayers will get a pop-up prompting them to either MOVE the records by selecting YES or delete them by selecting NO.
2. Auto population of GSTR-3B liability, for taxpayers under QRMP Scheme, from their IFF and GSTR 1
The tax liability in the case of QRMP taxpayer, it will be auto populated from IFF filed during the months to GSTR – 3B. This will ensure that there are not data entry errors and correct liability gets reported.
3. Filing for refund of accumulated ITC by taxpayers making exempt/ nil-rated supplies, by selecting an option of not having an LUT number in the refund application
Exports are Zero rated supplies under GST and the exporters have an option to invoice with payment of taxes or without payment of taxes. In cases where the invoice is issued without payment of taxes, the taxpayer has to file a refund application separately to claim the accumulated input tax credit in the electronic credit ledger.
To claim refund, in the Form RFD – 01, the taxpayer has to enter the Letter of Under Taking Number currently. From this month onwards the taxpayers now an option to select any one of the following
• I have a valid LUT number.
• I don’t have a valid LUT number, since I am making only exempt/ nil rated supplies
The above mentioned are the new features added for the taxpayers on the GST portal to provide better user experience. Since auto population is machine driven, it is recommended to cross check the values auto populated before filing for the accuracy. In case of any differences, the values can be over written and correct values should be entered.